Friday, February 4, 2011

Say Cheese.....

This morning I was imagining all of you great ladies in our church and how you all have influenced me in your walk for the Lord and the unique ways in which all of you have loved your husbands.  I hope to mention everyone at some point or another on this blog because I truly look up to all of you and have been SO inspired.  This morning I was specifically thinking of our very own Kerry Walling -- her life is to be admired in so many ways because she NEVER has a sour attitude -- she may complain but she always does it with a twinkle in her eye that I envy, she my think she worries too much but it is only because she is compassionate and cares so much for others.  Her and Aaron have had their shares of ups and downs and often times when I listen to her trials I can't help but admire her resilience, patience and unbelievable self-control -- it has taught me SO much because when I just want to be the fight and flight girl I am reminded of Kerry's perseverance in loving her husband, even through the hard times.  I would even like to be so bold as to say that her steadfast heart has probably made her husband a better man and THAT brings honor to the Lord.  Needless to say, Kerry would want me to make it very clear that she is not perfect and like many of us everyday is a work in progress!  But we can all share the joy of the everyday triumphs she has made to be a godly wife before the Lord!

Daily Encouragement:  I was reading in Shanti Feldman's book, For Women Only and I believe it is also mentioned in Every Woman's Marriage that men LOVE to see us smile, they like it more than any other feature on us because apparently not only does it make us look beautiful but it also radiates happiness -- their main goal for us!  So my challenge for you today (and I want to try this with Nathan when he comes home) is to smile at your husband and not just a quick turn of the mouth but an actual genuine smile -- a smile of longing and maybe even a staredown smile (the ones they often give us) as you think back to when you felt like the luckiest women in the world to be with this man when you could actually feel butterflies just by looking at him.  If he has an interesting response -- please share it with the rest of us, this could be quite interesting :)  So... say cheese today ladies!!!!

--Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment