Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life is precious...

Sorry to bombard you with two posts today but I felt they were both SO important to share.  Many of you have probably heard about the man who was killed in the parking lot behind the forum yesterday morning.  This was such a tragic and horrible situation.  He was 33 years old with a wife who has been at home with their three young children, the youngest at a year old.  This has been on my mind relentlessly because all I can think about is his widow and their three children and the agony she is going through.  Another thought that struck my mind was how their night was the night before and if she had a chance to say 'I love you' or kiss him good-bye.  This brings tears to my eyes thinking about it because if I were in her shoes I would already be feeling SO many regrets.  It's probably obvious why I'm sharing this but its also a good reminder that needs to be brought up every so often, especially when the mundane starts to set in.  Imagine for a moment that God gave you a glimpse that your husband would be taken from this life and you could not see him again until Heaven -- how sad and desolate this life would be, but how much better would it be knowing that he knew how loved he was that you knew you gave him a good life as your wife and that your separation would only be momentary.  To send him off with a kiss and a heartfelt 'I love you' obviously doesn't make it any easier but knowing that you sent him out of this world with a full tank of lovin' WILL give you peace of mind down the road!  So love on your man like it's the last time you might see him -- not to tears (they don't like that all the time), but so he knows that there really is no one and no place out there better than what he's got. 

-Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicole. I have been thinking about the same thing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eye opener and such a powerful reminder! I heard once a story of a couple that would NEVER end a conversation (good or bad) without saying "I love you" and by chance they did, one of them would eventually call back just to say "I love you". What a way to live, with out the daunting question "Did he know I loved him?".

    Thanks for sharing such an encouraging reminder!

    ReplyDelete