Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In It For the Long Run

There is less than a week to go and I know for me personally this has been an amazing month in SO many ways.  I've personally experienced some highs and lows but have gained so much in trying hard to be the wife my husband needs.  I've realized that sometimes when you are trying the hardest, you also fall the hardest because your letting down all of the guards that have kept you from reaching as far as you could.  All of this is to say, that last week was one of those weeks for me!!  It was such a catch 22 in that I had to let go of the thing that was helping me keep my focus so that I could... focus on the goal of loving my husband!  This was so from the Lord because I was getting caught up in the 'month of love' that I lost sight of the fact that this is Not meant to be temporary but Permanent.  Once the 28 days are up, this doesn't mean I go back to the old naggy wife routine.  No, I want to continue to be my husband's helpmate, his greatest encourager and supporter, his best friend, his soulmate designed specially for him. There is nothing but goodness here, we are giving glory to our Lord and Savior, we are a testimony to others and let's not forget the positive effects that we will see in our husbands....Wow!  It can ONLY get better.  So I want to encourage you all to look back at this month so far, at the changes you've made mentally and emotionally and even physically through your actions by putting him first.  He may not have noticed very much but have you noticed?  Are you seeing ways that when you put in that extra effort you get a lot more out of it? Let's keep that going in these last few days and let us not be afraid to step out of the box and reach a little farther because it is so worth it!!  Trust me!

-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Amen SISTER!!! It has been so worth it and I PRAY that the perspective I've gained this month will just carry over from this month into the next and then the next and then the.........Yeah...until death do us part!

    ReplyDelete