Saturday, February 5, 2011

Illusions of Grandeur!

As is true with any challenge or race laid out before me...I start out strong, determined and with this grand illusion of great success, only to discover soon after the start of the journey, that it's called a "challenge" for a reason...cause it's stinkin HARD!

My illusions of grandeur and great success with this Love Challenge quickly faded to my dismay, as the epic snow storm rolled in this week, a head cold took residence in my body, and my little families needs overshadowed my quiet time of preparing my heart for 'service'. I have not followed the prayer calendar like I had hoped, not read the verses of encouragement given, and resorted to my old standby's of demonstrating 'love' to Mr. Warren instead of switching things up a bit.

But guess what....illusions aren't real....they're made up images in my mind of what I 'expect' something to be or turn out like. I have thought much about this and reviewed my week as Mrs. Warren and realized that I HAVE been more loving to my husband, he HAS seemed more at ease and happy, we HAVE been drawn together in joy more than normal, and our home IS a happier place. Why? Because even though my illusions were busted, I am still making more of an effort to serve my husband and put his needs above my own which means I am still in the race and I am still moving forward in this Love Journey! So I'm not giving up...I'm pressing on...and I pray you will too so we can cross that finish line together!

1 comment:

  1. What's been hard is realizing that even though I may make an extra effort to love Nate, sometimes he's just not going to respond how I would like him to respond. My love and respect has to be unconditional for him at all times!

    Sometimes I don't know how to be a very good support for him - especially when he's struggling with certain moods. Then I feel frustrated not only because he isn't being as affectionate as I'd like, but also because I feel like I'm not accomplishing what I'm supposed to be. He can't always tell me what he wants me to do or say to be supportive...so we're learning together. It's a good process.

    I'm learning as we go how vital my own personal time with the Lord is - to be refreshed and restored daily, and to be reminded that He is my satisfaction - not Nate. It's good.

    ReplyDelete