Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fill Up My Cup!

Life in all it's hectic and routine confusion can create a barrier between what I desire to do and what I actually end up doing. This "Love Challenge" has lit a fire in my heart and filled up my "Love Cup" to the point I am excited to think of how I can regain a God centered focus on Scott. How I can find a way to put him first, show him love, honor him in my prayers and encourage him with my words. In fact, I think I might have gotten a bit carried away today...I couldn't pick just one thing off the "28 Actions Of Love". I think I might have started out a bit too strong and rattled the pants off my husband (no pun intended) on Day 1.

The past few months have been draining for our family in many ways . I've been drained of incentive, motivation, desire, and service especially to my patient husband. I know my state of mind is unhealthy, and even destructive to the condition of my home. Scott and I always used to joke about the saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life"...but we really aren't joking any more, because we know the immense truth behind that simple statement.

By God's grace and gentle nudging I am slowly coming back to a state of mind centered on God's truth deeply engrained in me since youth, remembering I have a purpose, that I am called to love those around me unconditionally and most importantly, to honor, serve and respect my husband. It is NOT by chance, that God has laid it on Nicole's heart to launch a challenge focused on the very thing that I am in need of strengthening...showing my husband LOVE and RESPECT in my daily life! Day 2 HERE I COME!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment