Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rising Above

Well this was meant for yesterday, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to post but I thought this would be a a good way to show how I'm not always perfect and consistent with my intentions either but it doesn't mean I'm going to quit, right? :)  Anyway, it was really on my heart yesterday as I was thinking of Iuliana and looking back to the study she help guide and lead, Every Woman's Marriage.  It was such a great time in see the vulnerability, honest and genuine characters of other women -- espcially our very own, Iuliana.  I have always admired her ability to really love on her husband Brett and I feel like I've gotten an insider's view of why her determination is so strong.  I think many of us can relate to this.  Iuliana has shared with several of us her tumultuous growing up in Romania with two parents who didn't exactly show love and support.  She has shared how this has affected her in so many ways and even more so in her own marriage.  She will be the first to admit and give examples of how she is not the perfect wife but what makes her so awesome in my book is that she is always trying and always willing to change so she can be the ultimate wife for her husband and I love that about Iuli.  There are other women like Aimee Meyer who have also shared some similar background and family scenarios that have made her so determined to not fall into the category of 'just another statistic' and I love the way she has inspired us through her REAL thoughts emotions and desires -- we need to keep this going.  Once again, I am SO humbled by the great women I'm surrounded by and I can't thank you all enough for being real, Christian women who want to live out God's will -- this is truly amazing!

Daily Encouragement: Be REAL with your husband -- let him know how God is working in you and how much you love him today!

-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Ditto on the thought of Iuliana choosing to rise above and live out a beautiful love story for her 3 precious children to see and experience!

    ReplyDelete